TaliMar Income Fund I Update (05-01-2021)

Schedule a Meeting to Learn More

Let's connect for more information, schedule a zoom meeting.

Mortgage Fund Update

Brock VandenBerg provides an update on TaliMar Income Fund I. The mortgage fund was launched in mid April. The mortgage fund will service a diversified portfolio of mortgages secured on single family, multi-family, and other types of properties located in the western United States. The fund looks to mirror the existing trust deed portfolio currented managed by TaliMar Financial. 

The mortgage fund offers several advantages over our existing trust deed model. The first is the elimination of “idle time” between trust deeds when investors are not earning interest on their investment funds. The second is to eliminate the need to quickly review and subscribe to trust deeds when they are launched, which will also reduce the amount of paperwork required for signature and trips to the bank for wires. Third, the fund will qualify for the Qualified Business Income (QBI) tax deduction, which limits taxable income from the fund up to the first 80% of the income generated. The remaining 20% of the income will be considered tax free.

In the first month of operation, the mortgage fund has raised nearly $1 million and has funded its first two loans. The goal of the mortgage fund is to raise $10 million in the first year and another $20 million in the second year. Our focus is to transition our existing trust deed investor base into the mortgage fund.

The video also provides a step-by-step tutorial on how to invest in the fund through the lender portal.

To learn more about the fund, contact TaliMar Financial at (858) 242-4900 and speak to one of our Account Representatives in Investor Relations or e-mail invest@talimarfinancial.com.

Contact Us



    Tap to Call